We had a couple great visits (and fabulous gifts) from my high school friend, Erika, who now lives in San Francisco. She came up to spend Christmas with her "parentals". It was great to take her to coffee and a movie, "Sherlock Holmes".

The day she came to see the kids we were attempting to make our gingerbread houses. I purchased kits this year since the last time I tried to make one with Sister it was a disaster. The kits worked really well, but the kids were just not really into this activity. It probably doesn't help that I'm not either. This is as complete as our houses ever got. Still, it was a fun way to wile away a vacation day.

Notice, Baby Bear didn't get an official kit house which was probably good as he ended up eating his house after breaking it apart. He loved the frosting!
My college roommate also came down for a visit. She actually attended a New Year's Eve party in town that I opted out of since I'm an old married lady with kids and don't stay awake until 2 AM unless I'm in my pjs reading a book anymore. So, we spent Friday and Saturday with her exchanging gifts, going out to eat, and another movie theater night for Mommy to see "The Blind Side".
I don't normally go out to see movies in the theater (except the summer free ones with the kids) since at home I can pause, rewind, see extras, and make my own popcorn. Still, it's a nice treat to go to the movie theater with a good friend and see a really good adult movie now and then. Both movies were SUPER, in case you wondered.I hope all of you enjoyed the Twelve Days of Christmas as well!
P.S. You thought I was joking about spending the whole day in pjs, didn't you? (=

I saw Sherlock Holmes- fantastic movie!
ReplyDelete