He’s breaking another tooth. I think it may be another molar because it has been causing him significant pain. Fortunately, he hasn’t been getting fevers, so I can give him Motrin. He tends to just spit Tylenol out, but takes the Motrin without much problem.
He’s also drinking whole milk really well now. I alternate milk and water in his sippy cup throughout the day. I was worried about weaning him when he was refusing milk. So, it’s a relief that he finally got used to it.
This past weekend he spent two nights away from me. My dh took all three kids up to Whidbey Island to visit their paternal grandparents. It was the first time Baby Bear and I had been apart overnight since he was in the hospital last August. Overall it went well, though I was told he cried for me calling out, “Momma”. I think it was just his gums hurting, but maybe he really did miss me. Since they had four adults for three kids, I know it wasn’t due to lack of attention.
I spent the weekend scrapbooking. Some of you may have wondered how I came up with my blog title, Scrapping in Circles. It is because I am never caught up on scrapbooking. Part of it is my own fault since I decided to make separate books for each of the kids. This means that most things have to be scrapbooked three times. It also doesn’t help that time keeps going so there’s always something new to scrap. Most of all it is because I just don’t have enough time to work on it that often uninterrupted. So, it was great to just relax, spread out all my supplies, and scrapbook. Before you ask, no, I am not caught up. Not even close.
The kids are on their final week of swim lessons. We’re taking evening classes this session so my dh has been going into the pool with Baby Bear and I’ve been able to pay a lot of attention to the two big kids during their lessons. It was really difficult last session to try to watch them and follow along with Baby Bear’s class.
Baby Bear is doing well with kicking and goes underwater without fussing. He still doesn’t get the concept of blowing bubbles and only scoops his hands sometimes. We are just thrilled that he is comfortable in the water after the two big ones freaking out when their faces got wet last summer.
And he comes up happy!
Kick...kick...kick.
Daddy shows Baby Bear how to blow bubbles.
Brother Bear has improved even more this session. Last session I was just happy that he wasn’t upset about his face getting wet and stayed in the pool the entire lesson. This session he is kicking correctly, moving his arms in circles, and blowing bubbles really well. He also wants to go first each time which is such a huge leap from not wanting to do anything. We’re so proud of him!
Look at Brother Bear blowing bubbles, kicking, and using his arms. Great job!
Brother Bear loves swimming!
Brother Bear practices his backstroke arm circles.
Brother Bear backfloats kicking and doing arm circles.
Sister Bear is officially a swimmer. I wouldn’t throw her in the deep end, but she can at least do a basic crawl and get herself back to the edge. She loves swim lessons and we’re so happy that she’s finally enjoying herself in the pool. Depending on how her other activities pan out, we may do some swim lessons during the school year. I don’t want to overdo things though. She has First Communion classes this year and Irish Dance again if it is offered at her school. Plus, I’m going to be teaching a creative writing class one night a week that she’ll be in. So, that’s already a bit busier than we like her to be during the school year. We’ll see though.
Sister shows off her torpedo arms while swimming.
Look, she's swimming all by herself!
Sister practices backstroke arm circles.
Sister is doing really well at the backstroke as well.


WOW! It looks like all the kids are doing so well in their swim lessons. That's great!
ReplyDelete