Thursday, September 17, 2009

Brother Bear Started School

Brother Bear started preschool on Wednesday. Well, at least Wednesday was his first "official" day, but it was really a day for mom and/or Dad to come with their child and walk him/her through all the daily activities. It was also a great chance for the Mommarazzi to get her photos without intruding during classtime. When my dh asked him how his first day went he said, "It was The Bomb." I think Daddy says that too often. (=

Brother Bear is a bit nervous about going without Mom. I know that he'll do great, but he isn't as confident as Sister Bear was back in the day. On her first day she kept telling me, "This is supposed to be my class. Why are you still here?" Instead, Brother kept saying, "Why can't you come with me everyday? I like it when you're here." My sweet boy!

Unfortunately, Friday is is first day to go alone and it is a day off from school for Sister. Brother declared today, "You're going to watch movies and play outside without me. I should stay home." Poor Brother. I'm trying to convince him that it is extra cool that Sister will be able to wish him luck and say goodbye to him at his classroom door just like he does to her every school day. He's not so sure. I'm sure he'll be great though. Miss DeeDee can handle anything!

He was so excited to wear his backpack to class. The night before he checked to make sure it was ready about ten times. Every student MUST have a backpack according to Brother Bear. I learned with Sister Bear, even in preschool a backpack is a useful item since LOTS and LOTS of projects come home every day.


Brother Bear makes his own car for the classroom "train". No color pattern or careful color choices for him. Just get it filled so he can get back to the real trains and play. He did insist on using different colors. The little girl next to him had a design on her wheels and everything.Saying the Pledge of Allegiance (Brother looks so official!)Singing, "In my bible book, God tells me..." during circle time with Miss DeeDee. Miss Dee Dee reads, "The Kissing Hand". It's a sweet story about a little racoon who is scared to leave his mom and go to school. She gives him a kiss in his hand to keep with him all day so that if he misses her he will have it with him. It is so sweet. I hope my little racoon has fun at preschool without me.

1 comment:

  1. Mommarazzi! Love it. I can't believe how fast he's growing up. So handsome in his pics. Certainly has Daddy in him. Baby Bear seems to resemble you more.

    ReplyDelete