Sister's second grade class took a field trip to a local Air Force Base at the end of May. The field trip form stated that it related to their studies of different communities. I thought it would be a tour of the base housing and school. Fortunately, for my dh (who helped chaperone the trip) it was a tour of various military air craft throughout the base. My husband was in heaven. Since he didn't even know the names of the other girls in his group, I'm guessing he really enjoyed himself. Luckily, there were only two kids per chaperone and so they were put into groups of four with two adults per group. The other dad was the responsible parent who dutifully kept track of the girls while mine learned even more about military aircraft than he already knew. Let's just say, this is his favorite field trip in the four years of Sister's schooling.
Here's Sister outside of a plane. Don't ask me which one. My dh has been asleep for hours as I type this and I don't know aircraft at all.
Sister loved being in the cockpit of the plane.
I think this one is a Gooey Duck or something. Sister insisted on having her picture taken next to it because of its name.
Sister and her class touring the airfield.
I'm so proud that my dh actually got it from the front. On a previous field trip to the pumpkin patch they had all the kids line up in front of the barn and my dh took photos from the side rather than the front. He didn't want to "get in any one's way".
Yeah, tell that to your angry wife when she's trying to scrapbook the field trip and can't see any one's face in the group shot. (; He's obviously improving, though.
GREAT JOB, HONEY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment