Friday, June 18, 2010

Zoo Trip

Brother's preschool class took a field trip to the local zoo and aquarium. We rarely go there since my dh doesn't think it is a "real" zoo as it doesn't have many of the typical animals you think of when you go to a zoo. Still, it is nearby so it makes a nice day trip for preschoolers. Plus, it has some fun aquarium animals too that the kids enjoy.
We started out at the gate with some of Brother's friends.

Then we headed over to the kid play area since the boys had lots of energy from our time in the car.

So, climbing the statues is more fun than looking at animals, at least they entertain themselves easily.

The peacock was really into showing off his feathers today. Unfortunately, the boys were pretty nervous about getting too close to him and so I never did get a shot with the front of the peacock and the boys in the same photo.
It was so sunny we slathered sunscreen on the boys while they enjoyed a morning snack. Here the boys are with the seal statue. Baby Bear really loved it and kept cuddling and kissing it.
You can't go to this zoo without getting a photo of your kids inside the shark's mouth.
During the show, the skies opened up and it really poured on us. As I had to push a stroller with Baby Bear in it uphill all the way back to my van, I thought it best to stop and rest at the carrousel since it is inside. Brother was thrilled. I wasn't too happy that they are charging money for it again now. Oh well, I paid for my brief respite from the downpour.
What a fun day at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment