Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

We made our annual Christmas ornaments for the grandparents today. I hadn't really expected it to take all day, but since it did, I'm glad we waited until vacation began. It actually went really smoothly considering how long it took, how difficult it turned out to be, and how little there was that Brother and Baby Bear could do on them. Sister is quite the crafty girl and made hers almost completely on her own.

We always make a set for each pair of grandparents and also one for Mom. Sister actually made two for Mommy since she decided to make each of the grandparents a different color. I only have photos of the gold and pink/red color since I had to go back to the craft store this evening to get silver glitter paint and silver ribbon for the blue angel as gold was the original plan for all of them. (I must admit, the silver and blue is very pretty, though.)

Brother decided his Toy Soldier had to have a sword. Actually, he wanted a sword, lance, and riffle for his soldier, but settled for just a sword).
Sister really liked picking colors of paint, glitter, and designs for hers. She also embelished each by writing a song into the song book. She was very disappointed that you can't really read it very well on the ornament. Still, it's the little touches that make an ornament special.
Baby Bear didn't really help make his snowman, but he did enjoy the extra snacks all day as Mommy needed him to stop grabbing at the paints and glitter.As you can see, the kids had a pj day today. Unfortunately, Mommy had to break down and get dressed to get that silver glitter paint and ribbon from Michaels. Too bad people think badly of you for wearing pjs in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment