Friday, December 11, 2009

The Fire Truck Santa Stops By

We gave the kids their Christmas pajamas early so they'd be able to wear them when Santa came by riding the fire truck on Tuesday night. As you can see, the boys' pajamas are Buz Lightyear and Sister's doll has a matching nightgown. They loved them and with as cold as it's been around here lately, they needed some additional pairs of warm pajamas. We had to hunt down Santa a couple neighborhoods away because he was taking too long and the kids were up way past their school night bedtime. Brother was the first to jump up on the truck to see Santa. Fire trucks and Santa all wrapped into one was Brother's idea of a great time. I think he did tell Santa a couple things he wanted for Christmas in between questions about the truck and asking if he could drive it. (For those of you wondering, that was a no.)
As you can see in this next shot, the Grinch also rides around with Santa. He's a pretty nice Grinch since he brings dog treats for your pets, but the kids are more scared of him than Santa Claus.
Sister was next, after I forced her up there. She actually sat and told Santa what she wanted, but kept a close eye out to make sure the Grinch didn't return. Baby Bear didn't enjoy Santa at all. Fortunately, Santa was very understanding and we just snapped the photo and moved on.
Then it was home to bed to have some sweet dreams about fire trucks, Christmas, and candy canes waiting to be eaten (since they'd already had their teeth brushed that night). Fortunately, they were all ready to go in their comfy, warm pjs.

3 comments:

  1. I know nothing about the fire truck santa. when? where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The East Olympia Fire Department send around a fire truck and a couple other vehicles with their lights flashing and Christmas music blaring every year for a week or so. On it rides Santa and the Grinch. They stop every block or so to let kids visit Santa and to spread cheer. (I also learned yesterday that they are collecting canned food for the food bank. I didn't know that all these years. Next year we'll have to give them some food. They never mention it to us when we're out there. Fortunately, we donate at the church for the food bank.) Each night of the week they go a different route around. I'm pretty sure they go way out of their "district" since I don't think they are actually our fire department. It's pretty fun, though Sister called him the Scary Santa for years.)=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, as usual - I love your blog! Keep it coming girl - I love to see what you guys are up to!!! XOXOXO Sarah

    ReplyDelete