Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good at Guilting

For her seventh birthday Memere (my mom) gave Sister a subscription to the American Girl Magazine. She loves it! It comes in the mail just for her, has lots of fun craft and decorating ideas, and photos of real girls on display in certain parts. Now Sister asks almost daily, "Is it here yet?" Unfortunately, the magazine only comes every two months. That is eight weeks (56 days) of hearing that question. When it does arrive, she just devours it.

When her first issue arrived, she immediately had to create a butterfly and submit it since that issue had photos of girls and the butterflies that they submitted in it. She really expected the next issue to have her photo and butterfly in it. On Monday it arrived and sadly she wasn't in it. So, Tuesday she created a photo of her pet (which was what all the photos were on this last issue) and wrote a message on the back. Here is what she wrote (completely on her own, btw):

I sent in a butterfly And it wasn't in it. That hurt my feelings.

I even have a Samantha doll.

Please put this in it.

Love,

*******

Just a little guilt for American Girl Magazine. That's my girl!

2 comments:

  1. Is that a good Catholic or what? (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so darn cute!!! We get the Family Fun magazine and B keeps commenting on the pics of the kids, I suppose its only a matter of time before we need to send one in! BTW I love American Girls, i had a samantha doll too. Did you know she is retiring? Well I suppose you did since you get the magazine and all!

    ReplyDelete