Today the kiddos and I went to the zoo with three other families. It was a beautiful day to be out and about. Our local zoo doesn't have a lot of the larger "zoo" animals, but it does have an aquarium which is neat.The kids' favorite animals were the monkeys (which are pretty much always entertaining) and the sharks. From past visits I didn't remember the sharks being so large. The shark tank is a giant glass wall so even Baby Bear could stand at it to see the fish and sharks swimming around. It's pretty cool. After watching Shark Week on Discovery a couple weeks ago, I have a much greater appreciation for these ancient creatures.
Baby Bear rode the carousel for the first time today. It had been a long morning and he was really tired. Plus, there was a bunch of kids on it, so I just sat in one of the benches with him. He didn't seem to mind that he wasn't riding an animal. Brother and Sister really enjoyed riding the animals. I don't think Brother remembered riding a carousel before since he was really young the last time.
Going to the zoo with friends is always fun. It's great to have ladies to chat with, we can help watch each other's kids, and the kids have a good time discovering things with their friends. The downside to it is trying to keep so many kids happy and together. It seems like every other moment there is a disagreement, hurt feelings, or fighting going on. Still, it's better than the alternative of taking the kids to the zoo by myself and going insane. (=Thanks ladies for a fun day of animals and adventures!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment