After the water "retraining" we've had to do with the two big kids, I am committed to make sure we don't have to go through this same agony with Baby Bear. Therefore, I've braved wearing a bathing suit in public to take a parent and child class with him. In the past, I had trouble rationalizing the high cost of swim lessons for a baby. Now I know, it is worth every penny!
Baby Bear loves the water. He's not fond of going underwater, but doesn't get upset about it. His big problem is that he doesn't get the concept of closing his mouth first. He does squeeze his eyes shut though. It's so cute! Sister Bear took some photos of Baby Bear since I was in the water with him. 

Sister Bear is so proud of putting her face underwater, and so are we. She's also getting more comfortable kicking her legs and using her arms. She doesn't cling to her teacher like she's going to drown any moment.

Brother Bear loves the water. His favorite part of each lesson is splashing the teacher. She is a saint! His class only has one teacher for six kids. She gives them things to practice while holding onto the ledge, but Brother gets distracted. He is improving and is willing to put his face under and kick while swimming. 

Best of all, the kids say every time how excited they are for swim lessons and how much they love them. Even if they didn't learn anything, except a love of the water, I'd be happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment