Sunday, August 8, 2010

Skateland

The Friday after returning from Seaside, I took the two big kids to Skateland during Baby Bear's nap. Brother is just starting out on skates. He's only been once before and my dh had him wear the four wheel ones that they provide at the rink rather than the roller blades I had purchased for him. He thought they'd be easier for him. Sadly, he hadn't done that well. He basically just clung to Daddy the entire time.
This time, Momma was in charge. I strapped him into his roller blades (which I believe are easier and more comfortable) and I also added elbow and knee pads, plus some wrist guards. I didn't need to make a trip to Urgent Care on the way home.Sister, of course, flew around the rink without a problem. She's spectacular on skates!Here's Sister going around with Brother for a bit. I was actually roller blading backwards for this shot. Not to brag, of course. (;Brother wanted to cling to me, but I learned if I just let him go, he did very well. I kept reminding him to just take it slow and lift his feet like he was taking steps. He did really well.After a quick snack break...He began to feel pretty confident. He is going to be a great skater too soon, I think. Now, time to get Baby Bear in some skates. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment