Brother Bear turned five-years-old today.
I can't believe it's been half of a decade since the day he was born. This morning I woke him up by cuddling him in his bed and singing Happy Birthday songs to him. His favorite is, "You say it's your birthday..." He also loves staying in bed late (as do I) so we rarely cuddle in the morning as I don't normally get up any earlier than necessary.
After I finished singing, he asked me what time I went to the hospital to have him. I told him it was about this time (early morning). He said, "I was born in the morning?" Sadly, no. Brother was my only child to make me miss several meals and beg for a c-section (which the nurse sadly denied) because he just didn't want to come out. He's my clingy cuddlier still. I love this little monkey dearly, but man was he a difficult labor and delivery.
Brother's theme this year is Toy Story; more specifically Buzz Lightyear. The "cake" I made for him today is actually brownies since we'd all had cupcakes yesterday to celebrate Brother's birthday with his preschool class and I'll be making another cake this weekend for Brother's friend party. Since he just wanted chocolate with frosting, he didn't care that I made brownies instead. I also used the leftover frosting from the cupcakes and tried out the Buzz action figure on it. This is a smaller version of what I plan to do for the friend party this Saturday. I'll probably use blue frosting with green writing, more figurines, and obviously a bigger cake. Here is the front of his friend party invitation:
Brother's theme this year is Toy Story; more specifically Buzz Lightyear. The "cake" I made for him today is actually brownies since we'd all had cupcakes yesterday to celebrate Brother's birthday with his preschool class and I'll be making another cake this weekend for Brother's friend party. Since he just wanted chocolate with frosting, he didn't care that I made brownies instead. I also used the leftover frosting from the cupcakes and tried out the Buzz action figure on it. This is a smaller version of what I plan to do for the friend party this Saturday. I'll probably use blue frosting with green writing, more figurines, and obviously a bigger cake. Here is the front of his friend party invitation:

No comments:
Post a Comment