Well, I got tired of reading everyone else's blogs and not being able to comment, so here I am on Google, blogging away. I've promised my dh to be somewhat discreet with the information that I post, as he tends to think I put way too much information out into the void we call "the Internet".
Our spring break sure started out with beautiful sunny weather. We better squeeze all the fun we can out of the sunshine today as the rain will start washing it away tomorrow.
Little Boy has a new skill now. He has learned to clap. I'm not sure who taught him or when he started doing it, but it is a constant activity for him now (except when I actually pull the video camera out to tape it; then he stops instantly and pretends like I'm a crazy woman). He even makes a cute clapping noise!
Big Boy has not slowed down at four anymore than he did at three. I'm not sure why they call the twos terrible...they were an awesome age of ability and compliance that I haven't seen since. Our house seems to be shrinking with each day as Big Boy gets bigger and even more active. Thankfully, with the sunshine comes some relief to my walls and furniture as I can send Big Boy outside.
Sister reads ferociously! She will probably have the Boxcar Children series done in a month (there are hundreds of books in this series). A couple times a week my dh takes her to the local library and she checks out 6-8 books. Within a few days, she has finished them. I think she literally devours them. It's amazing, but we've had to start taking away her book privileges as a punishment when she isn't listening. Imagine how many parents have to beg and bribe their children to read and we take the books away from our child. Wow, we're wacky parents!
Tonight we enjoyed a family bike ride. It's the first one which Little Boy actually enjoyed himself (he cried and fussed on our previous two, though the hail on the first ride made everyone a little cranky). It's also the first family ride with Big Boy's new bike. Man, he is a whole lot faster on his bigger bike. Poor kid must have been pumping his legs off before!!!
That's all for now. Time to pray and get the kids to bed. Next week is going to be a big shock to us as we have to readjust to our early school mornings. Wish me luck on this new adventure of blogging!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay!! I get to be your first comment!
ReplyDeleteTell Timmy to chill! ;) he.
Just make up new names for your kids...like "Trouble #1" and "Even more Trouble #2", and "Million Dollar Baby". This way nobody knows your real names and has no real info!
Secret service... ;)
Stephan's the same way about privacy. Whatever...if someone wants to come and "be" us, have at it, at least that's my take on it.
ReplyDeleteGreat on Lizzie reading so much!
Welcome to the blogging world!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to agree with you about 2 being a great age compared to 3,4..... 4 was definately not a favorite around here!!
Enjoy your spring break!